Volume I & II Athletes
Name: Gabriel Wellington Smith
Birth date: 5/1/87
Hometown: Summit, New Jersey
Parents’ Names: Winston and Elzadie Smith
Siblings’ Names: Winifred and Erin Smith
Pets and Names: One dog and his name is Shadow
College Major: Communication Studies
50 Things to Know about Wellington Smith
1. Favorite Quotation:
“Impossible is nothing.”
2. Favorite Color:
3. Favorite Performer:
4. Favorite Movie:
5. Favorite Book:
6. Favorite Television Show:
7. Favorite Song:
8. Favorite Class (from what grade, school?):
Gym, all schools
9. Favorite Teacher (from what grade, school?):
Whatever ones like me!
10. Favorite Subject (from what grade, school?):
11. Favorite Food:
Mac and Cheese
12. Favorite Vacation Spot:
13. Favorite Place to Hang Out at WVU:
14. Favorite Sport to Play:
15. Favorite Sport to Watch:
16. Favorite College Team:
17. Favorite Professional Team:
Boston Celtics because of Ray Allen
18. Favorite Car:
19. Best thing about WVU:
20. Best thing about Morgantown:
21. Best thing about my hometown:
My family and friends are there and I love it there.
22. Best thing about attending WVU:
It feels like Jersey.
23. Best thing about getting a college education:
More options once you get older
24. Best thing about my major:
It’s so broad.
25. Best experience in middle school:
8th grade basketball leagues; I played in four leagues.
26. Best experience in high school:
My entire basketball career
27. Best experience at WVU:
28. Best vacation or trip:
29. Three qualities I look for in a friend:
Someone who is trustworthy, loyal, and independent
30. Three qualities I look for in a teacher:
Someone who is loyal, helpful, and kind
31. Three qualities I look for in a coach:
Someone who is real, kind, and shows tough love
32. Three of my best qualities:
I am helpful, fun, and trustworthy.
33. Three things I want others to remember about me:
I am a hard worker, a good guy, and a good friend.
34. Three reasons why people succeed:
They are smart, believe in themselves, and believe in others.
35. Three reasons why people fail:
They make the wrong decisions, aren’t trustworthy, and/or have a bad group of friends.
36. Three things I do when I am bored:
play on my computer, watch tv, and relax
Most Important Things
37. Most important thing a parent can do for his/her child:
Guide them but let them live.
38. Most important things teachers can do for their students:
Guide them and teach them and don’t become inpatient.
39. Most important thing coaches can do for their teams:
Guide them, trust them, and give them tough love.
40. Most important thing to do in school:
41. Most important thing to do every day:
42. Most important thing to remember about life:
It goes on.
43. Most important thing to remember about family:
Family comes first.
44. Most important thing to do when the going gets rough:
45. If I could do anything, I would:
play professional basketball in the NBA.
46. If I could change anything in my past, I would:
change nothing because everything happens for a reason.
47. If I could meet anyone, I would meet:
48. If I could go back in time, I would:
move Martin Luther King, Jr. back inside.
49. If I could see into the future, I would want to know:
if my dreams will come true.
50. If I won a million dollars, I would:
buy my mother a house with a walk-in closet.